Sarah
Today I slept in and slowly got around this morning. Then I grabbed my backpack and headed the 25 minutes to the dar chebab (youth house) to meet one of my students. I was going to his house for Friday couscous. On the way i decided to stop and pick up a package my mom had sent me. I was totally excited. I got to the post office and found a slip of paper in the post box telling me i had a package from the states and one from Rabat, the PC office. I picked up my packages and then went to meet my student. I went with him and a friend to his house and met his mom and had couscous and tea (LOTS) and cookies. Then after he walked me partially home. It was nice to go and eat a meal at someone else house, even though i really don't care to much for couscous, but ill eat it if its necessary. The walk home was very hot. The temperature continued to rise throughout the day.
Once i got home i decided to sit outside on my patio and read. Then i decided to put on my bathing suit and sit outside and read. Then I thought it would be even better if I put music on while i sat outside and read. So I did all that. It was sooooo nice. No one can see my balcony so I can get away with it. It was like being at home. Like sitting outside on the deck or next to the pool soaking in the sun and reading a good book as the stereo inside pumped the hits!!! I miss going to the beaches with friends in Michigan, but today I closed my eyes and pretended we were laying on the beach. The day dream is kinda killed but the sounds of donkeys and sheep in the background and small children yelling and playing in an undecipherable language, but still i loved it. I even think I got a little color, which is desperately needed!
Now for the rest of the day I am going to lay around in a tank top and shorts, in my house with the curtains pulled, and enjoy this amazing weather. There is a nice breeze, but the thermometer built into the clock on my beside table is reading 77.2 degrees F. LOVIN' IT!!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment