Sarah
Last night was wonderful. It had been a very hot day in Tahannout. Yet, towards the end of the day it got a little cloudy. At about 6pm I decided to move on of my ponjes (couch) out onto the balcony and lay in the shade. It was sooo nice. There was a refreshing breeze as a storm was moving in over the mountains. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was jolted awake to the loud roar of thunder and the sharp flash of lightning. Then a few rain drops began to fall and I knew it was time to move inside. I slowly rose from my 2 hour nap and moved my ponje back inside. Not about 3 minutes later it started to pour. It was so nice. I stood in the rain for a sec enjoying the small chill I got from them. From inside I could watch the lightning out my window and watched a movie and listened to the rain. It was a great night!!
Today is a beautiful and cool day in Tahannouat. When i say cool I mean that it is noon and only 95 degrees, unlike the past couple of weeks when usually at this time its between 105 and 110!! Yesterday, I told myself that since I am now feeling better I have to be productive! So I am starting today. I kinda got a late start seeing I didnt wake up till 10:30 but now im off and running. I have a mental list of things i would like to get done by the end of the week. I need to clean my entire house, do lots of laundry, and update my blog to share what I have been doing since this spring. Its been a pretty crazy and enventful summer and I want to share it all with you. But that will just have to wait until tomorrow to start.
This morning I started out cleaning the kitchen. I've been fighting a bacterial bug for the last two weeks and in that time my house has gone to crap! My kitchen was my starting point for my mission of a whole house overhaul. I hate doing dishes. Anyone that has ever lived with me or visited me knows that I am not one to jump right into scrubing, but it had to be done! When I was finished the dishes were clean, the counter top was sparkling and the previous dead animal smell was gone! Still need to wash the floor, but that might have to wait till tomorrow.
While in the kitchen I decided I was hungry and thought I would make myself a nice sunday brunch. I grated a potato, chopped up an onion, and cracked some eggs. In the end I had a delicious breakfast of hash browns, sunny side up eggs, and some orange juice. The only thing missing was some ketchup, but I survived. I moved one of my ponjes (couch) out on to my balcomy and sat in the shade enjoying a cool breeze and a scrumptious meal!
I should go and wash the dishes from prepping and eating my meal, but i don't want to!!
Now for the rest of the day. I think maybe ill fold clothes, and hang some rugs and blankets over the balcony to air out. I think that is all pretty productive. Its hard to do anything when the temps are in the low 100's. I am def looking forward to when the temps start to fall and the suns not quiet as hot. I can't wait till i can bundle up in a sweat shirt and pj pants and curl up in a big blanket. That seems so far away from this moment, but hopefully by the end of september it will start to come true!
Ok, well the sun is slowly over taking the shading spot im sitting in on the balcony and I think its time i moved back inside. I will position myself in front of the fan, put on a movie, and cuddle with a frozen water bottle!
Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment