Sarah
Today i woke up and decided that i need to finally get around to doing some laundry. So i started my day off with a trip down to the store that is about 2 minutes away to purchase some OMO (like Tide) and some food for the day. When i got back i set laundry to soak. I then thought why not fill up the pool i have sitting outside on my balcony. Its a hot day and it would be nice to relax in the pool. So i put the hose in the pool and let it fill up for a few hours.
Later, in the afternoon, when i was done with my laundry, I sat in the cool water and relaxed in my large plastic pool. When filled to full capacity it can fit about 5 adults. Right now i had it filled about half way and was loving how nice it was to sit in a pool agian. I spent about an hour in the pool and then went inside to get some things done on the computer.
About an hour later i started to hear a noise coming from the balcony. Not 2 seconds later as I went to stand to see what the noise was, a wave of water crashed in to my apartment from the balcony. The plastic pool had folded. Water rushed EVERYWHERE! It flooded my bedroom, entryway, living room and then made its exit down the stairs out the door. I went to the window that looks out over my lower main door and watched as the water poured out of it. All i could think of was what would my neighbors think. As i was laughing to myself I could hear one of my neighbors noticing. I leaned out the window and told he it was all ok. I explained, in arabic, that the water was from my pool. She answered back in english. She said she was worried something had happened to my pipes or what not. But she was glad it was ok.
I then returned to start cleaning up. Anything on the floor was wet. The rugs in my bedroom and living room were soaked. Books and clothes got wet. I put everything out side in the sun to dry. There wasn't to much that was effected but it still made a mess. And now I only have a few inches of water in the pool! :( Oh well!! It was pretty funny after the fact!! Only I would have a flood on a third story apartment!! haha
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment