Sarah
My morning started at 6:00 am. I do not enjoy getting up with the sun. I would rather sleep till noon and then wake. I got up, ate, packed my bag, got dressed and was out the door at 6:45. I was going to meet some of the kids from my dar chebab (youth center) and one of theirs puppy and take a taxi to a town about an hour into the mountains. All six of us piled into the taxi and started our trip to Imlil. The drive was beautiful.
When we arrived we hiked about 30 minutes further up the mountain to the beautiful cascades that are hidden away. We hiked around for about another hour or so and then find a perfect rock above the river to unload our bags and relax. We spent the day laughing, singing, chilling by the water, and laying in the sun. (I have the sun burn to go with it!) The kids I went with are a lot of fun and some of my favorites.
There were a lot of people hiking around, both locals and tourists, but where we were was kind off the path and away from the cafe/restaurant that is at the top so we had our place to ourselves.
The day flew by and soon we were packing up and finding our way back down to wait for the taxi to come back and pick us up. The taxi dropped me off just down from my house and when I walked in the door the clock showed 7 pm. It was a long day, but so much fun. We will definitely be having more trips up there.

QUOTE OF THE DAY... "ITS NOT BAD, ITS JUST WEIRD!!" thanks Loubna


The Group!!
Rex and Hassan Dancing!!
Loubna, Sarah, Khalid, and Ayoub testing the water....sooooo cold!!
Whats a picnic without nunchucks?!?!
Khalid and Hamid
Ayoub, Khalid, and Loubna hiking
Loubna, Sarah, Khalid, Rex hiking
Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment